We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
7690 Yonge St. #4
Thornhill, ON L4J 1W1
Phone: (905) 709-3775
Fax: (866) 902-5167
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Great Backyard Bird Count, mid-month, www.birdsource.org/gbbc
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• February is National Bird Feeding Month
• Listen for cardinals, titmice, House Finches, chickadees and Mourning Doves singing.
• Barred Owls begin calling.
• Killdeer and Eastern Meadowlarks return in late February.
• Large flocks of robins can be seen feeding from fruit-bearing plants like hollies, dogwoods and sumacs.
• Peak of Bald Eagle migration.
• Maple tree sap running.
• Grackles return north.
• Raccoon, woodchuck, beaver, skunk, opossum and rabbit mating seasons.
• Bluebird and other nest boxes need to be cleaned out this month.
• Red-winged Blackbirds return.
• Look for early waterfowl migrants such as Bufflehead, Common Goldeneyes and Redheads as lakes thaw.