We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
7690 Yonge St. #4
Thornhill, ON L4J 1W1
Phone: (905) 709-3775
Fax: (866) 902-5167
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Early April migrants include the Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Towhee, Fox Sparrow, Snipe and Tree Swallow.
• Late April migrants include the Brown Thrasher, Pine Warbler, Palm Warbler, American Bittern, Chimney Swift, Chipping Sparrow, Barn Swallow and Caspian Tern.
• Great Horned Owls have their young.
• Hummingbirds and orioles arrive late April/early May. Be sure to have their feeders ready.
• The Common Loon finishes its northward migration by the end of April. Some late migrants arrive in May.
• Purple Martins (scouts) begin to arrive in mid-April.
• Purple Martins return by middle of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Cardinals begin nesting.
• White-throated Sparrows begin calling.
• Woodcocks continue their "sky dance" courtship flights.
• Bluebirds are nesting by end of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.