We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
7690 Yonge St. #4
Thornhill, ON L4J 1W1
Phone: (905) 709-3775
Fax: (866) 902-5167
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Do not take down your hummingbird feeder yet. Their migration is not correlated to feeders being available! In fact, feeders can help fuel migrants moving through.
• Migrating Brown Creepers, Ruby-crowned and Golden-crowned Kinglets appear near the end of the month.
• Eastern Monarch Butterflies continue their migration south from Ontario.
• Using their antlers, male Moose start to fight for females.
• Little and Big Brown Bat mating seasons complete
• Final egg laying for the Eastern Monarch Butterfly.
• Ruby-throated Hummingbirds migrate through Southern Ontario through September.
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
• Most hummingbirds depart by the end of month.
• Robins are in large flocks, feeding on crab apples.
• Broad-winged Hawk migration peaks mid- to late-month.