We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
7690 Yonge St. #4
Thornhill, ON L4J 1W1
Phone: (905) 709-3775
Fax: (866) 902-5167
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Southwest winds bring migrating Turkey Vultures and hawks into the area.
• Common Loons begin to arrive in Northern Ontario in mid-March.
• Spring Peepers, Wood Frogs and Chorus Frogs begin calling late in the month.
• Sandhill Cranes can be seen migrating north.
• Killdeer and Great Blue Herons return from over-wintering in early March.
• Peak of spring waterfowl migration.
• Bald Eagles and Screech Owls are sitting on their eggs.
• Woodcocks are doing courtship flights in late March.
• Mourning Doves are nesting.
• Phoebe’s return late in the month.
• Goldfinches begin to molt into their brilliant yellow plumage.